Improv Comedy 101 (Now on Saturdays in Elements)
Improv Class Syllabus:
- Develop improvisational skills using short-form games or the long form structure known as Harold
- Mold topics and suggestions into original characters and on-the-spot routines through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas to connect with any audience by performing at the "top of your intelligence"
Improv Classes Include:
- Six three-hour-long class sessions on Saturdays from 1:00 - 4:00 pm at Helium Comedy Club
- A Graduation Showcase on Helium's main stage
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Class Dates: 2/15, 2/22, 2/29, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21
- Grad Show 3/26 @ 8:00 pm
Is this class for beginners?
- Yes. Our Improv 101 class is an entry-level course. All 200 level courses and higher require completion of an entry-level course or permission from the instructor to attend.
My child is 13 years old, can I sign them up for a class?
- Unfortunately, no. All Helium Comedy Academy classes are 18+.
How much progress can I expect to gain from this class?
- As with any class or lesson, you get out what you put in. Those who participate, do the homework assignments, and put real effort in their work will see significant advancement in their skill level over someone who was merely present in class.