Stand-Up Comedy 101
Comedy Class Syllabus:
- Learn the basics of stand-up comedy in a structured class setting
- Mold topics into an original routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a crafted act through proper joke structure and editing techniques
- Experiment with elements of improv and acting to create a unique and organic performance
- Hone your joke-crafting skills with a focus on writing content
Comedy Classes Include:
- Six three-hour-long comedy class sessions at Helium Comedy Club, Saturdays from 1 to 4pm
- A Graduation Showcase at Helium at 8PM on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
Upcoming Class Dates
- 3/24, 3/31, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/2
- 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16 - Grad Show 6/20
About the Instructor:
Rich Lamb has been performing in comedy clubs and universities across the country since 1997. Having worked with professional improvisational troupes and nationally recognized comedians, Rich has acquired a lifetime of comedic experience. Rich's work also includes writing material for current touring headliners, one-man acts and print advertisements.
Rich has taught more than 150 individuals interested in pursuing comedy as a career, and those seeking to incorporate humor into their professional lives.
Rich teaches both introductory and advanced stand-up comedy classes at Helium Comedy Club.